CALENDAR OF UPCOMING MEETINGS:
(All City meetings are open to the public)
The City will re-open the J. Reuben Daniel City Hall & Police Station to the public beginning Monday, February 22, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. The City encourages visitors, if possible, to schedule an appointment prior to coming into City Hall.
Members of the public continue to have the option to conduct business with the City of Roanoke Rapids by phone at (252) 533-2800 or online at www.roanokerapidsnc.com. Examples of services that can be conducted online include the option to download permit applications (such as building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permit); employment applications; and departmental information.
DROP BOX. A collection drop-box is available in the foyer of City Hall for deliveries, permit applications and payments by check-only (please do not include cash). For immediate concerns, please call the intended department phone number listed so we may work with you on a solution for your operational needs.
The City of Roanoke Rapids remains committed to providing all essential services while limiting the impact of the COVID-19 virus in the community. We ask that all visitors wear a mask and practice social distancing while visiting City Hall and other City facilities.
The Magistrate’s office is open for business with public access.
Below is a list of helpful phone numbers for those seeking to contact city staff. In case of emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
• Directory/Switchboard: (252) 533-2800
• City Manager: (252)533-2840
• Public Works: (252) 533-2846
• Planning & Development: (252) 533-2844
• Parks & Recreation: (252) 533-2847
• Police (non-emergency): (252) 533-2810
• Fire Department (non-emergency): Station 1 (252) 533-2880; Station 2 (252) 573-9032
• Finance: (252) 533-2841 • Tax / Revenue Collections: (252) 533-2842
• Human Resources: (252) 533-2845
• Main Street: (252) 533-2838
CITY RECYCLING CONTAINER SITES
The City of Roanoke Rapids has two recycling container sites. One is at the Public Works facility located at 1313 Hinson Street and the other is located at the Aquatic Center at TJ Davis Recreation at 500 E. 6th Street. The public will have 24-hour access to these facilities for combined recyclable materials.
For more information, contact the Public Works Department at (252) 533-2846.
Contact Traci Storey, City Clerk, at 533-2840 for committee information.
- Beautification Committee
- Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
- Planning Board/Board of Adjustment (ETJ Members)