The City of Roanoke Rapids is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I - RECORDS DIVISION (Police Department)
An employee in this class must possess the following abilities:
- Must be able to perform administrative, clerical and recordkeeping duties
- Must have thorough knowledge of Office Management Procedures.
- Must be currently certified in DCI (Division of Criminal Information) or meet the criteria to become certified within 6 months of employment.
- Must have or be able to meet criteria for NCAware and CJ Lead certification
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality to sensitive information
- Must have a good understanding of NC Public Information Laws
- Must possess good computer and word processing skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with other departments, employees, and the general public.
Applications for this position should be submitted to Kathy A. Kearney - Human Resources Manager
no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday - November 30, 2017.
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE WORKER I (Parks & Recreation Department)
An employee in this position assists with the maintenance of parks and recreation property.
Must have a high school diploma or GED
Must have a valid NC Driver's License.
(Position is OPEN until FILLED)
(Part Time) Aqua Zumba Instructor
An employee in this class plans, coordinates and provides instruction for Aqua Zumba fitness program activities.
- Zumba and/or Aqua Zumba Certifications (Preferred, but not required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have excellent people service skills
- Ability to provide service with integrity
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
(Part Time) Building Supervisor (Parks & Recreation Department)
An employee in this position supervises scheduled activities and is the City's point of contact during these activities. Hours are mainly evenings and weekends according to activities that are scheduled.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Roanoke Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Applications may be obtained by selecting Employment Applications (on the right hand side of this page) or may be picked up at City Hall - 1040 Roanoke Avenue - Roanoke Rapids, NC
Kathy A. Kearney - Human Resources Manager - City of Roanoke Rapids
Phone: (252) 533-2845 Fax: (252) 537-2097