The City of Roanoke Rapids is now accepting applications for the following positions:
|Property Maintenance Worker
This position is in Parks & Recreation Department
An employee in this position performs a variety of building, facility, and equipment maintenance and repair activities including plumbing, electrical, carpentry and masonry.
Applicant must hold a valid NC Driver's License
Sanitation Equipment Operator I
An employee in this position operates a Hydraulic Knuckleboom Loader or related sanitation equipment on an assigned route to collect and dispose of refuse from residential and business areas.
Applicant must hold a valid NC CDL (Commercial Driver's License)
Lifeguard (Part Time)
An employee in this position assists in all aspects of operations of the recreation center swimming pool and aquatic center. The employee has the responsibility for making sure that the facility is maintained in good condition, to ensure that participants in swimming activities and classes are in a safe and clean environment.
- Must hold American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid/ CPR/AED certification
- Must be able to complete 1/2 mile swim in under 20 minutes
- Essential Duties & Tasks
- Teaches Red Cross swimming lessons
- Provides routine pool maintenance to ensure cleanliness and safe environment for patrons
- Works as a team to provide supervision of a large number (sometimes as many as 300 pool patrons - team is comprised of approximately seven lifeguards.
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the Aquatic Center Supervisor
An employee in this position is responsible for the enforcement of state and local laws
- Must be a high school graduate or have passed a General Educational Development (GED) test indicating high school equivalency. Diplomas earned through correspondence enrollment are not recognized.
- Must have knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Must be able to furnish documentary evidence showing the applicant has met the education requirements for the criminal justice field of expected employment.
- Must have sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with an active and consecutive 3-year satisfactory verifiable driving history. Driving history will be checked. (Must be able to be licensed in the State of North Carolina)
- Must have the ability to meet current requirements set forth by the North Carolina Training Standards Commission.
- Prefer that applicants possess a valid or current Basic Law Enforcement Training (B.L.E.T.) certificate, but not mandatory. Candidates must provide documentation of B.L.E.T. Certificate.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Answers calls for service
- Prepares incident, accident and arrest reports
- Writes and serves arrest warrants and criminal summons
- Processes prisoners, takes fingerprints & photographs
- Investigates crimes, accidents, narcotic & vice activities
- Serves subpoenas
- Works traffic details
- Attends & testifies in court
- Conducts follow up investigations on case assignments
- Participates in & organizes community-oriented policing activities
- Responds appropriately to critical situations; applies proper police procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
POSITION ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Roanoke Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status,or any other legally protected status.
Applications may be obtained at www.roanokerapidsnc.com
(click on Employment Application on right hand side of this page)
or may be picked up at City Hall – 1040 Roanoke Avenue, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Kathy A. Kearney – HR Manager – City of Roanoke Rapids
Phone: (252) 533-2845 – Fax (252) 537-2097