Firefighter Applicant Pool (Roanoke Rapids Fire Department)
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred NC Firefighter II (but not required)
- Must be able to obtain a North Carolina or Virginia Class B driver's license within 90 days of employment
- Must have WorkKeys Silver Certificate (or higher) (Contact Ellen Grant @ Halifax Community College for more information (252) 536-6393
- Must be of good character, be in good physical condition, and pass a background check and drug screening
Applications are now accepted Year Round
Complete application packet should be submitted to Kathy Kearney - HR Manager
Police Officer (Roanoke Rapids Police Department)
An employee in this class performs a full range of federal law enforcement duties to protect life and property in the City.
Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) is preferred but not required.
Application Packet may be obtained at City Hall Located at 1040 Roanoke Avenue - Roanoke Rapids, NC or this website (click on Employment Applications in the right hand column on this page)
ALL Positions are Open Until Filled (unless otherwise noted)
The City of Roanoke Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status,or any other legally protected status.
Applications may be obtained at www.roanokerapidsnc.com (click on Employment Application on right hand side of this page)
or may be picked up at City Hall – 1040 Roanoke Avenue, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Kathy A. Kearney – HR Manager – City of Roanoke Rapids
Phone: (252) 533-2845 – Fax (252) 537-2097