Residents currently have the opportunity to recycle at two Recycling Convenience Centers that are open to the public 24/7.
- Public Works Building located at 1313 Hinson Street
- Aquatic Center at TJ Davis Recreation at 500 E. 6th Street
Items that can be recycled at these centers are:
- Paper & cardboard (newspapers, junk mail, office paper, magazines, shredded paper (placed in clear bags), phone books, paper back books, flattened corrugated cardboard, and cereal and cracker boxes
- Plastic containers #1-7
- Glass food bottles & jars
- Aluminum cans
- Steel food cans (rinse and clean any food residue & remove lids)
DO Not recycle these items:
- No medical waste
- No garbage
- No household hazardous waste
- No Pyrex & ceramics
- No plate glass & mirrors
- No light bulbs
- No Styrofoam
- No plastic bags
- No plastic toys
- No aluminum foil
Electronic Recycling Program- Roanoke Rapids residents can take their electronics such as computers, printers, televisions, etc to the Public Works building at 1313 Hinson Street between 7:30am-3:30pm Monday-Friday except for holidays.
Community Waste Reduction Program- All City of Roanoke Rapids facilities and Parks have blue roll-out carts for collection of recyclables while visiting or using a City owned facility.
Small Business Recycling Program- 96 gallon blue roll-out recycling carts are offered to Small businesses throughout the city free of charge. Recycling is collected each Wednesday of the week. Items that can be placed in these carts are the same as stated above for the convenience centers.